You are here: Home
In particular, potential hazards, legal considerations and liability issues will be addressed.
On completion, the participant should be capable of blending gasses for his/her own use and also as required by other divers.
The awareness of the responsibility carried will be sharpened and procedures demanded by law explained. Furthermore, all of the currently possible blending techniques and equipment will be reviewed.
This aim will be achieved through both theoretical and practical training sessions.
- Suitability of gasses for blending
- Gas properties
- Handling oxygen during compression
- Gas blending methods
- Mixed gas calculations
- Residual gas and target gas
- Gas analysis (oxygen and helium analysers)
- Compressors and blending panels
- Cylinders, testing and cleaning
- Laws and regulations
- Safety aspects
Practical sessions are conducted to enable the participant to gain hands-on experience and on completion the participant will be able to prepare both Nitrox and Trimix gasses within industry tolerances.