The Pathfinder CCR is a compact, lightweight but very robust, travel-friendly closed circuit rebreather using ISCan Electronics. IScan™ is a Controller Area Network system based upon proven ISO standards used in the automotive, aerospace and defence industries designed to allow independent devices to communicate and interact with each other. Handsets, HUDs and various sensors can operate independently and in concert to increase safety, redundancy and to reduce single points of failure.
The Pathfinder has a Shearwater Petrel pO2 controller customized for ISC with integrated deco-software and an independent colour-coded HUD. It has a radial scrubber as standard. The high-quality engineering but modest weight of this unit makes it attractive to all types of rebreather diver.
The IART training reflects the standards required by the manufacturer of the rebreather. IART is authorized by the manufacturer to conduct this training. This manual is constantly revised and improved in consultation with the manufacturer to reflect new developments resulting from technical improvements or gained through dive experience.
The course "Pathfinder CCR DIVER - Level 1" trains and certifies the user to dive within no-decompression limits to a maximum depth of 40m.
- Includes review of nitrox theory, physics and physiology
- Familiarisation with all rebreather components
- Dive planning and execution and emergency procedures
- A written exam concludes the theoretical development.
- Unit preparation, pre-dive checks
- Disassembly, cleaning and disinfection
- Dive planning
- Dive techniques in confined water followed by open water environments
- Protocol in emergency situations