Poseidon MKVI Level 1 E
The Poseidon MKVI is a fully-closed, electronically controlled rebreather aimed at satisfying the needs of recreational, sport divers.
It uses very advanced electronics to perform multiple system tests to check the unit both before and during the dive. The user is freed up from many tasks that have to be performed manually with most CCR’s allowing the diver to just enjoy the dive.
Multiple warning systems draw the diver’s attention back to the unit if necessary and internal diagnostics indicate the nature of the problem and instruct the user as to what action to take. Dual tissue tension storage, a “smart” battery, HUD system, automatic setpoint control and sensor linearity validation are just a few aspects of the electronics package. A CC/OC mouthpiece with vibrator alarm ensures an easy-to-use bail-out option.
The training reflects the standards required by the manufacturer of the rebreather. IART is authorized by the manufacturer to conduct this training. The course manual is constantly revised and improved in consultation with the
manufacturer to reflect new developments resulting from technical improvements or gained through dive experience. You will receive the current edition from your IART Poseidon MKVI Instructor.
- review of nitrox theory, physics and physiology
- Familiarisation with all rebreather components
- Dive planning, execution and emergency procedures
- A written exam concludes the theoretical development
- Unit preparation, pre-dive checks
- Disassembly, cleaning and disinfection
- Dive planning
- Dive techniques in confined water followed by open water environments
- Protocol in emergency situations
- Proof of successful completion of all required training exercises.
The course “POSEIDON MKVI CCR user – Level 1” trains and certifies the user to dive within no-decompression limits to a maximum depth of 40 metres.