Explorer eSCR E
The Hollis Explorer is a true recreational rebreather being neither a fully closed circuit rebreather nor a pure semi-closed system, but an intelligent hybrid that utilizes the best of both worlds. It’s compact, lightweight and extremely easy to use.
The Explorer is unique in using a single gas supply; Nitrox, and is electronically controlled to achieve an optimal balance between loop ppO2 and dive time. The intelligent electronics supplied with the unit have a pre-dive diagnostic sequence which runs with just a few prompts to the diver. The unit automatically analyses the gas mixture, adjusts accordingly and performs a series of checks including loop volume & optional CO2 detection during pre-breathe. Once the Explorer displays “ready to dive” the diver is ready to safely enter the water.
Plug and Play absorbent cartridges, easy guided setup with go or no go, 2 hour scrubber duration and optional CO2 tracking makes this an ideal rebreather for any recreational diver.
Training reflects the standards required by the manufacturer of the rebreather and IART is authorized by the manufacturer to conduct this training. The course manual is constantly revised and improved in consultation with the manufacturer to reflect new developments resulting from technical improvements or gained through dive experience. You will receive the current edition from your IART Explorer Instructor.
- review of nitrox theory, physics and physiology
- Familiarisation with all rebreather components
- Dive planning, execution and emergency procedures
- A written exam concludes the theoretical development
- Unit preparation, pre-dive checks
- Disassembly, cleaning and disinfection
- Dive planning
- Dive techniques in confined water followed by open water environments
- Protocol in emergency situations
- Proof of successful completion of all required training exercises.
The course “HOLLIS EXPLORER eSCR user – Level 1” trains and certifies the user to dive within no-decompression limits to a maximum depth determined by the Nitrox diluent.