The APD INSPIRATION CLASSIC is a fully-closed electronically controlled rebreather operating with a voting logic ppO2 control system and dual controllers. The unit has multiple redundant and manual override systems on board. It has a proven track record since its launch in 1988 and has been used on many major diving expeditions effectively.
The technology behind a CCR is more demanding on the diver than with open circuit equipment. It offers many more options to the diver to deal with problems if they should occur. For this reason a comprehensive, dedicated training is essential.
The IART unit-specific user course, combined with the unit specific IART manual, will prepare you with the knowledge and skills needed to safely dive the INSPIRATION CLASSIC CCR within no-decompression limits to a maximum depth of 40m.
- Includes review of nitrox theory, physics and physiology
- Familiarisation with all rebreather components
- Dive planning and execution and emergency procedures
- A written exam concludes the theoretical development.
- Unit preparation, pre-dive checks
- Disassembly, cleaning and disinfection
- Dive planning
- Dive techniques in confined water followed by open water environments
- Protocol in emergency situations
The training reflects the standards required by the manufacturer of the rebreather. IART is authorized by the manufacturer to conduct this training. The course manual is constantly revised and improved in consultation with the manufacturer to reflect new developments resulting from technical improvements or gained through dive experience. You will receive the current edition from your IART AP Inspiration CLASSIC CCR instructor.